Below is important information on troubleshooting an adjusted cash issue. If you are having trouble making heads or tails, let us know and we will help. Typically adjusted cash issues present themselves in the month with erroneous information. If you have been reconciling fine and all of a sudden you notice an adjusted cash issue, odds are the transaction occurred in the month you are reconciling. The biggest culprits are Bank Adjustments, Receipts deposited outside of the current month, or Journal entries.
Open the Reconciliation Report
Open and review the Bank Reconciliation Diagnostic report to check if your adjusted cash balance is still In Balance as of the last statement ending date.
- On the bank reconciliation screen in the Reports menu on the right, click Bank Reconciliation Diagnostic. The report will download or open.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the report where your cash balances are listed. Do you see “In Balance” or “Out of Balance”?
- In Balance – This means that any transactions causing the discrepancy occur are dated in the current statement period. Continue to Step 3: Troubleshooting Adjust Cash Balance to find and fix the transaction(s) causing the discrepancy.
- Out Of Balance – Navigate to your bank account page and scroll to the bottom. Open your most recently saved reconciliation report and compare if this is saved In Balance or Out of Balance. See Next Steps for direction on how to proceed.
The next steps for troubleshooting your Adjusted Cash Balance depends on whether your Bank Reconciliation Diagnostic is In Balance or Out of Balance. Look at the following three scenarios to see how to proceed:
Bank Reconciliation Diagnostic Is “In Balance”
Bank Reconciliation Diagnostic is “Out of Balance”, Saved Reconciliation Report is “In Balance”
Proceed to Find Backdated or Edited Transactions for steps to troubleshoot.
Bank Reconciliation Diagnostic is “Out of Balance”, Saved Reconciliation Report is “Out of Balance”
If both the Bank Reconciliation Diagnostic report and your saved reconciliation report are out of balance, the next steps depend on if the reports our out of balance by the same amount or a different amount:
- Same Amount – If both the Bank Reconciliation Diagnostic and your Saved Reconciliation Report are out of balance by the same figure, it is recommended that you submit a support request to have a Customer Success representative take a look before proceeding.
- Different Amount – if the Bank Reconciliation Diagnostic and your Saved Reconciliation Report are out of balance by different figures, proceed to Unreconcile a Previous Statement Period.
STEP 2 Coming Soon…