The adjusted cash balance in AppFolio is calculated by taking the bank statement balance and adding any deposits in transit and subtracting any outstanding checks. It is used to ensure that the balance in AppFolio matches the balance on the bank statement.
To calculate the adjusted cash balance in AppFolio, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Bank Reconciliation page.
- Select the bank account that you want to reconcile.
- Enter the bank statement balance.
- Enter any deposits in transit.
- Enter any outstanding checks.
- Click on the "Calculate Adjusted Cash Balance" button.
The adjusted cash balance will be displayed in the "Adjusted Cash Balance" field.
If the adjusted cash balance does not match the balance on the bank statement, you will need to investigate the discrepancy. Some common causes of discrepancies include:
- Errors in entering transactions in AppFolio.
- Transactions that have not yet cleared the bank.
- Deposits that have been made but not yet recorded in AppFolio.
- Checks that have been written but not yet cleared the bank.
Once you have identified the cause of the discrepancy, you can take steps to correct it. If you are not sure how to correct the discrepancy, you can contact AppFolio support for help.
Here are some tips for reconciling your bank statements in AppFolio:
- Start by entering all of the transactions from the bank statement into AppFolio.
- Make sure that all of the transactions are entered correctly.
- Review the bank statement and AppFolio entries side-by-side to make sure that they match.
- If there are any discrepancies, investigate the cause and correct them.
- Once you have reconciled the bank statement, print out the reconciliation report and keep it in your records.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your bank statements are reconciled accurately and on time. This will help you to identify any errors or discrepancies early on and take corrective action as needed.