Create a Payment Plan for a Charge
Once you and your tenant have come to an agreement on a payment plan for an outstanding balance, you can record it in AppFolio to break up a charge into multiple, smaller charges due on the agreed upon dates.
Note: You cannot create a payment plan for a charge that is paid in full.
- Navigate to the charge you wish to create a payment plan for. You can do this by running a Tenant Ledger and clicking the charge in question.
- Click Edit on the charge.
- Select the option for Payment Plan. A new field will appear for you to enter the payment plan details.
- Enter the Following payment plan details:
- Charge Date – The date the charge is due from the tenant.
- Amount – The amount of the charge.
- Posting Date – If accrual accounting is enabled in your account, enter the posting date to record when the balance is recorded on the general ledger.
- Click Add Another Charge if the agreed upon payment plan consists of more than two charges.
- When done, click Save. Review the section below to see what accounting is posted.